This immersion will provide both new and seasoned instructors with the expertise and experience to become exemplary yoga teachers. Each weekend focuses on an aspect of teaching excellence, covering the role of the teacher, finding your voice and communication skills, giving proper assists and adjustments, the art of sequencing, and business and marketing. The course covers 60 hours of teaching development including community classes, hands-on workshopping of techniques, and in-class critique. Participants can enroll for the entire course or select individual weekends. Unlimited classes at Sani Yoga are included in the cost of the program for the duration of enrollment.
Information session will be held on Saturday, April 15th at 4PM.
• The Role of the Teacher: May 6 & 7
• Finding Your Voice: May 13 &14
• Class Planning & Sequencing: May 20 & 21
• Marketing & Business: May 27 & 28
Saturday 4:00-8:00 PM
Sunday 9:30-10:30 AM, 3:00-5:30 PM
$450 for the entire program
$150 for an individual weekend
Three weekly classes
Teache a friend 1 hour a week
~2 hours a week of individual study
The Sani Yoga Teacher Training is a comprehensive 6-month 200-hour program that provides students with all the tools to prepare them to be an excellent yoga instructor—we train the teachers that we want to take classes from!
The training’s main thrust is asana (the yoga poses):
• Their alignment
• Sanskrit names
• Class sequencing
• The health benefits of asanas
But asana is only one aspect of yoga! Students are also required to attend the Breathing and Meditation course to become competent in teaching meditation techniques that range from the basics of alternate nostril breath to the more esoteric Psychic Development Techniques.
Yoga Philosophy is a part of every session. We read books ranging from the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali to the Bhagavadgita that assist students in beginning to understand the origin and purpose of yoga, and to deepen their personal philosophical stance on the mat.
Some other topics we cover:
• Astrology (Western and Vedic)
• Teaching specialty classes (like yoga for kids)
• The business of yoga
• Subtle anatomy
Students also get experience teaching, which is actually uncommon in most teacher trainings and something we believe is necessary to cultivate confidence, style, and an inspired instructor.
Come learn, transform, and gain a deeper understanding of yoga in a safe, supportive, and exciting environment!
Maggie Siebert - Director
Dave Yoss - Teacher Training Assistant Director
$350.00 per month for a total of 6 months
= $2,100.00 total
Weekly attendance of the following:
• Three asana classes
• Breathing and Meditation class
• Saturday’s lecture
• Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
• The Bagavad Gita: Pocket Edition by Swami Nikhilananda
• Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda (Bihar Publication)
• The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
• Anatomy of Hatha Yoga by David Coulter
• 2:45 - 3:30 pm Breathing and Meditation
• 4:00 - 5:30 pm Philosophy Lecture
• 5:30 - 8:00 pm Asana Instruction
Any day of the week
• Attend at least three additional classes**
**(the actual number of classes you can take is UNLIMITED!)
521 Central Ave Suite G
Albuquerque, NM 87102